"Lethal Weapon 4" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

ShieldFan

Re: "Lethal Weapon 4" Jacket

Postby ShieldFan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Kittlemeier wrote:
CRB wrote:I've not got hold of a screen accurate version of this. It's size large and is is too big for me. So it's up for sale. Or a trade for a Medium. PM me if interested.

I've got the only Medium I've seen in fifteen years. Don't know why they're so hard to find in sizes other than L and XL. I've seen one each of S, M, and XXL so I know they were made. As big as these run though, you might be better off with a S. Good luck.

Funny you should mention that. I found another screen accurate jacket pop up on eBay in XL, http://www.ebay.com/itm/321607636229?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

What are the measurements of the jacket in Medium? The large worn by Gibson looks very loose.

Kittlemeier

Re:

Postby Kittlemeier » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:36 pm

CRB wrote:Be very interested to see measurements of that Medium Kittle

Can't find a tape measure right now but had a look through old messages. Pit to pit on the medium is just over 23", shoulders 20", sleeve top 25.5". In going through the messages I found measurements from the seller of the small. The chest on that one was 21", shoulders 19", top arm 25". I referred a member here to that jacket and he bought it. Not sure if it ever arrived but I know there was trouble in shipping. Need to contact him again to see if he ever got it.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

CRB

Postby CRB » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Hmm thanks for that. It's basically like they slipped a whole size on the label. The M would work for me, S too tight I think. I have the L in the other Model (Harold & Kumar) which fits fine.
Ah well the search continues ...
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:40 pm

ShieldFan wrote:
Kittlemeier wrote:

Funny you should mention that. I found another screen accurate jacket pop up on eBay in XL, http://www.ebay.com/itm/321607636229?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

What are the measurements of the jacket in Medium? The large worn by Gibson looks very loose.

An XL is huge but this one would be worth getting to flip and keep the collar tab if you plan on trying to find one in your size later. I've only seen three or four collar tabs out of probably fourteen jackets. I asked and the seller says it's there but the pics are shit. If interested, I'd ask for a pic to verify.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

ShieldFan

Postby ShieldFan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Kittlemeier wrote:
ShieldFan wrote:
Kittlemeier wrote:

An XL is huge but this one would be worth getting to flip and keep the collar tab if you plan on trying to find one in your size later. I've only seen three or four collar tabs out of probably fourteen jackets. I asked and the seller says it's there but the pics are shit. If interested, I'd ask for a pic to verify.

Thanks for the information. I have one more question if you don't mind. How would you rate the quality of the sleeve lining? Several of the jackets I've seen for sale have rips and small tears near the edge of the sleeve's lighter lining.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:36 pm

ShieldFan wrote:
Kittlemeier wrote:
ShieldFan wrote:

Thanks for the information. I have one more question if you don't mind. How would you rate the quality of the sleeve lining? Several of the jackets I've seen for sale have rips and small tears near the edge of the sleeve's lighter lining.

The quality is great for a suit jacket, but not so much for a leather jacket with a zipper at the cuff. The heavy leather just plays hell on the fabric, especially if worn with a watch. Any lining, given time, will fail. I've got a Brooks that's done the same thing, but it's fifty years old. The Bemberg lining is comfortable, easy on and off, etc. And Hilfiger isn't the only company who uses it on leather, I have a Varvatos with the same kind of lining. I actually like it but I have yet to see a Hilfiger with the cuffs completely intact, though some are much worse than others. I guess what I'm saying is something more sturdy would be nice but it's nowhere near a deal breaker for me.

jkeene71

Postby jkeene71 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:42 am

I picked up my LW4 Hilfiger jacket I won on ebay last week today. Size is XL so I expected it to be a little big but for $123.00 I figured it was worth a shot. I have to say it isn't as big as I thought it might be. It actually fits similar to how the movie jacket fit Gibson. These definitely are baggy through the chest and shoulders when compared to modern jackets but it probably fits me the way it was originally designed to. Really a nice Jacket! A few quick pics.

Banana Republic Die Hard 4
Bill Kelso Surrogates Californian size 44,
The Town Carhartt jacket size 44,
Steele & Jones horsehide Last Crusade

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 pm

A great Xmas present !
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:38 am

jkeene71 wrote:I picked up my LW4 Hilfiger jacket I won on ebay last week today. Size is XL so I expected it to be a little big but for $123.00 I figured it was worth a shot. I have to say it isn't as big as I thought it might be. It actually fits similar to how the movie jacket fit Gibson. These definitely are baggy through the chest and shoulders when compared to modern jackets but it probably fits me the way it was originally designed to. Really a nice Jacket! A few quick pics.

Looks to fit you like it should. Even going a size smaller the jacket just isn't designed to and doesn't fit like more recent jackets. Congrats on a great buy!

ps: Don't lose that collar tab.

Return to “Film Jackets”