Welcome back

This is an area to discuss problems, glitches or other issues with the site.
Forum rules
Please keep each FORUM ISSUE in a separate thread so that they can be addressed and solved individually.
Kt Templar

Welcome back

Postby Kt Templar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks Rick or Mike, resubbing the site shows intent to it it going even though things are quiet.
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Apollo

Re: Welcome back

Postby Apollo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:51 am

Glad to see it back up!

So much great info here!!!

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:25 am

Delighted to see this forum back. It means a lot to me. Bravo!

Pirotto

Postby Pirotto » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:46 am

Amazing :thumbsup:

I was almost sure everything was lost forever. We have to keep it alive and kicking, guys.
Rick, if you read this, give us a sign :wink:

slenderhan

Postby slenderhan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:26 am

Hear, hear, was sad to see it down for a while. Very glad it's back, long may it continue! :thumbsup:
Belstaff: Cougar, Police Blouson, M Blouson, Bison Hero, Summer Hero, Leathermaster 1970, Money Blouson, Lighting Blouson, Lynton Bomber, Roadmaster, Trialmaster, Rallymaster 500, The Lightest, Stoneham.

Others: Diesel Loktite, Hugo Boss.

Drive

Postby Drive » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:18 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:40 am

Thank you for the kind words. I will continue to be away from the site for a while, but I am handing over some of the board duties to CRB who is quite capable of taking care of things. In the interim, I will also be performing updates on the site software to keep things up to date and secure.

I am a little confused about the comments stating that it is good to see the site back up. It was never down. Did anyone who experienced an outage receive 503 message? If so, that may have been due to our site security software.

I found that I was blocked from the site recently as well when trying to access the main Wordpress page as well as trying to access the site from my iPhone. I had to upgrade to the latest version of our security software and install new signature files and make a few other small tweaks, but until then, it may have appeared that the site was down to some.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Kt Templar

Postby Kt Templar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Rick,

Yes, for about a week I got the holding page with a message, something like: "Can the admin contact the hosting company". Normally get that when the subscription for the hosting has lapsed?
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Andy B

Postby Andy B » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Nice one. Glad to see it up and running again. :thumbsup:
Belstaff Hero (bison) in Large: War of the Worlds
Belstaff Legend in Small: I am Legend
Belstaff H Racer in Large: Borne Legacy
Belstaff Six Days Blouson in Medium

liamsquire

Postby liamsquire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Kt Templar wrote:Hi Rick,

Yes, for about a week I got the holding page with a message, something like: "Can the admin contact the hosting company". Normally get that when the subscription for the hosting has lapsed?

I saw the same and had the horrible feeling that the site was gone.

So glad to see that is not the case. This is a great resource and many great people on it.

Neville

Postby Neville » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 am

liamsquire wrote:I saw the same and had the horrible feeling that the site was gone.

So glad to see that is not the case. This is a great resource and many great people on it.

Same here. I'm glad it's back and that Rick was able to make CRB a mod. Thanks Rick! That should really help things out.

Return to “Site Issues”