FJ-0080 Killer B

This forum will be used to discuss new (and possibly developing) jacket styles so that we can keep you up to date on the new styles and get your opinions about our latest offerings.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

FJ-0080 Killer B

Postby Rick » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 pm

The Yellow Jacket? This was an past order that has come to fruition. I have not developed the patches yet, so they were purchased on line and sent forward. I am working on our version right now though. The Four Tears patch is under construction now.

This jacket is for a petite young lady and the back was requested to be very short. I will try to get an image of the back up soon, but due to the requested dimensions, some details had to be altered like the stitching on the lower back. There are a few things to iron out, but overall, this jacket is pretty solid and the leather is PERFECT for this style in my opinion. The padding is stitched nicely and not too puffy-looking.

This one will not fit on the mannequin, so I had to stuff it and bring one of my guitar stands into the studio for the images, so any distortion is because of that. Hopefully, I will pick up a female mannequin (womannequin?) to take future images, but this is not a stock jacket and it will ship soon, so not this time.

Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

saysuptut

Re: FJ-0080 No Name Yet...

Postby saysuptut » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Kill Bill? Very cool! Any plan to do a male, 'Game of Death' version? Bruce Lee fans might go for it. Not sure I could ever pull off yellow myself but it's such an iconic design...

calciferjenkins

Postby calciferjenkins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 pm

'Killer Bee' for the name perhaps? Maybe that's a bit too punny? My first thought was
Spoiler: show
Killer Bea
but I think I read somewhere you don't want any character names.

It looks awesome. Was this something that happened because a customer approached you, or had you decided to try doing the style previously? I suppose what I'm asking is if someone (I mean me) ever wanted a couple of movie jackets replicated that you don't currently offer, would that be something you'd consider?

*Edit* When I ask that, I don't meant to put any pressure on you. I know you're very busy, and I don't mean to throw a lot more work at you. And it isn't urgent also, they're things I'd probably be interested in sometime in the future.

Shehzad

Postby Shehzad » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:10 pm

calciferjenkins wrote:'Killer Bee' for the name perhaps?

That is what I was going to suggest! Too much Naruto I suppose! ;p

Alternatives:
1. The bee
2. Last sunshine
3. Y Racer

S
Last edited by Shehzad on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FJ: Bruno Dark Brown (FJ-0013b), Summer Style (FJ-0017)
Belstaff: Hero (713074)

Neville

Postby Neville » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:58 pm

That looks awesome, Rick, even without the womannequin. Well done.

saysuptut

Postby saysuptut » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 pm

calciferjenkins wrote:'Killer Bee' for the name perhaps? Maybe that's a bit too punny? My first thought was
Spoiler: show
Killer Bea
but I think I read somewhere you don't want any character names.

'Killer B'?

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

You guys are correct. It should be punny - so Killer B is perfect! Thank you, that absolutely falls in line with some of the names of our other jackets.

No plans on the 'Game of Death' jacket which had to be what inspired this one that I cannot name here. Never thought Bruce Lee's was leather but I am more of a Jackie Chan fan than a Bruce Lee fan. But anyways, to be honest, I had no plans to replicate this one (The Killer B), but if a customer wants one we will make one. Which is a perfect segue into the next question by calciferjenkins.

Yes, if a customer wants a jacket replicated, and it is within our means, it will happen. And it will kick ass.

saysuptut

Postby saysuptut » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 am

Rick wrote:Never thought Bruce Lee's was leather but I am more of a Jackie Chan fan than a Bruce Lee fan.

Bruce Lee's wasnt leather, it was a jumpsuit he reportedly chose just because it was comfortable to wear for the fight scenes he was filming. If it was nothing special at the time it's interesting how iconic it's become. I meant only a male leather jacket that echoed it that like Kill Bill's.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 am

If we have enough detail about what the customer wants, we can do nearly anything. We have worked on jackets from scratch and some are more difficult than others. The Bruce Lee jacket looks pretty straightforward though.

Return to “FILMJACKETS.COM Jacket Designs”