Logan's closet - concerns re non-delivery and lack of comm.

This forum is to discuss all things Logan's Closet

Moderator: Mike

rnrlifestyle

Logan's closet - concerns re non-delivery and lack of comm.

Postby rnrlifestyle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 am

First, Dan, if you're reading this, what else can I do but this when you opt not to respond to countless e-mails and phonecalls? PM's here stay unread despite your visits to the forum.

To all others, I do apologize in advance for a lengthy post.

As my experience with Logan's Closet does not seem to be an isolated occurance (http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3983) I would like for any and all who are having problems with Logan's Closet to post here so that we can get a better understanding of just how widespread the problems really are.

Here's my story:

On June 1st, I contacted Dan regarding making me a custom Tron jacket. I had gotten a hold of a genuine Lot 78 jacket and I was willing to send it to Dan to replicate it. The very same jacket he is sporting in the photo in this thread: http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2164&hilit=tron&start=180. It was Dan's hands shortly before June 23. On July 22nd Dan wrote that his maker said he’d have it out in 3 weeks, then another week to get out to me. Meaning around August 22nd. As per Dan's request, I paid for the jacket in full on July 25th.

On the 25th of August, after e-mailing Dan, I was informed that the color was a bit off so new leather would be shipped that week and that his maker would ship out that weekend and that Dan would go over the jacket the following weekend and then ship it, around September 5th.

On September 19th I contacted Dan again. Several e-mails went unanswered as I asked to have my Lot 78 jacket sent back. Then on October 7th he finally responded, saying he was working on the distressed jackets and that he hoped to have them finished in a bout a week, October 14th. My original jacket was finally shipped out after many e-mails and phonecalls and the last response I heard was on October 18th when Dan said he was trying to wrap my jacket up. The lack of responses was explained by the way Gmail threads e-mails (hence all later e-mails have been sent as new e-mails rather than replies).

It's been over two months since the latest shipping date passed and as many months since Dan stopped replying alltogether. I do realize Logan's Closet is a one man business but I honestly feel that while waiting was not a problem, we are now four months away from the first delivery date. Date's told by Dan. Things may have been different if Dan, to begin with, would have said that the jacket would be done by 2012. It’s all about the expectations that are set up, both in how timely Dan responded to begin with and what he told me regarding delivery of the jacket.

While some of you may say, "well, we've waited for over a year", like in the thread above, whether it's four months overdue or more isn't the key factor, but rather that it's in any case far too long overdue and with no communication for months to boot. Dan is running a business. He collects money in exchange for services and goods. I paid him as agreed and all I asked is that he would ship like agreed. He has not.

My patience is worn very thin by now. So thin in fact, I don't know what to make of this. Why won't he reply? Why won't he ship? The physical jacket's been with him for months. With an unknown status of a jacket or how long it could be, I asked Dan to ship a different style of jacket, if in stock, or simply to refund my money. That request went out on November 21. I have repeated it three times and sent Dan a PM here, tried to call but no response.

At this time, all I want is a refund of my money. Nothing else. So Dan, if you are reading this, you need to contact me to solve this.

If any fellow member has been in contact with Dan lately, I would humbly ask that you post here when that contact took place. Am I one of few he's ignoring or do all e-mails go unanswered? I know that some members here have had a lot of contact with Dan and if you happen to be one of them and you speak to him or get any reponse from him, I would much appreciate if you would direct him here.

CRB

Re: Logan's closet - concerns re non-delivery and lack of co

Postby CRB » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:30 am

If its your refund you're after, surely contact your credit card issuer or raise a dispute On Paypal?

How anyone could wait a year for a jacket is beyond me!
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

rnrlifestyle

Postby rnrlifestyle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:28 am

Paypal only accepts complaints filed for the first 45 days and I'm afraid a chargeback after five months is quite impossible.

Chiefly though, I would like this matter solved amicably. Not knowing what Dan's thoughts on this are makes everything guesswork. I would rather not escalate this further in any way without feedback from him but as time passes, what alternative do I have? Trust me, I did not come here as a first resort. Nor as a last either, but second or third to last.

OnlyOneSnake

Postby OnlyOneSnake » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am

I spoke with him on the phone yesterday. He has Been busy, and knows he needs to address the forums. I did inform him that there are several posts similar to this one, and I was hoping he would drop in. I'm not really sure what all is going on, but I do know they we should be seeing faster turn around times starting next year. Other than that, I can't really tell you much else. Hopefully he visits the forum today or this weekend and takes care of some of the questions.
"Call me Snake"

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:40 am

Way overdue for responses. There seems to be more and more unhappy clients that have been patiently waiting for 6-12 months if not more, and need at least a shread of hope that they haven't been forgotten about or ignored. As a matter of fact, I've been receiving a lot of overflow (via PM) because of it, seemingly out of pure desperation from concern, which I completely understand, and I can't answer their simple questions, as I'm not getting a response from Dan neither. I wish I knew how to approach the issue, rnr lifestyle, but I'm in the same boat for responses as everyone else.
I do hope for Dan's side, he is getting that clarical help he needs to address everyone that is piling up not only here, but over on the rpf and who knows where else. :neutral:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

rnrlifestyle

Postby rnrlifestyle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Tried calling again just now, no reply. He may be busy but two months without an e-mail? Too busy to pick up the phone ever when I call? That doesn't really make sense in any way. I can't shake that uneasy feeling of how easy it was for him to communicate when we shared the interest in the Lot78 jacket as opposed to now that he has the pattern down...

From Dan's e-mails it is clear that my jacket is in his hands since a couple of months. It's not like he's waiting for someone else to supply something or craft something...

For who knows what reason, Dan IS ignoring me (and other customers it seems). Forgotten can't be the case, due to repeated calls and e-mails and the one unread PM. The fact that superDrool has "a lot of overflow" makes me even further concerned.

Again: Dan, if you are checking out the forum, you need to contact me to resolve this. Key word for now is amicably but as things stand, I have nothing to show for my payment except a rather long line of broken promises.

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Dan really seems to be a good guy, I've talked to him on a couple of occasions and he distressed a jacket for me, with good turnaround time. I've never ordered a jacket from him, and don't know if I'd have the patience to wait x number of months. Add to that what seems to be issues now with communication.
I'd be really interested in his Layer Cake jacket if and when these issues get ironed out.

Neville

Postby Neville » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear that, rnrlifestyle. I've been in the same boat as you, and it's not fun. I hope it works out for you.

Houdini52

Postby Houdini52 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Hey, I have a very similar issue. I posted about it on the the Logan X-1 forum. It's still on the last page there. I bought a jacket from Dan IN PERSON at a convention in October. I left the jacket with him to be distressed. Yes, the jacket was already made and in my hands. Well, I have not received the jacket and I have not received a response to my emails or phone calls. It sucks. I'm deploying in February for Afghanistan and I was really hoping to have the jacket for a least the last month I'm home here and then I was going to take it with me to the sandbox.

Stuntman PMed me and told me he would try and get in touch with Dan, but I haven't heard anything back from him. I have nothing against Dan. He's a super nice guy and makes a fantastic product. And I know he is a one man operation, I just wish he would return my calls or emails and send my jacket out. It only needed to be distressed. Going off to war sucks, but believe it or not having that jacket that I've wanted for years packed in my duffel bag would have made it a little better. May not seem like much to others, but in those situtations, it's the small things that give you comfort.

I really hope to get my jacket soon.

--Gabriel

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey guys
I managed to get in contact with Dan yesterday. Both of your situations WILL be rectified very very soon. Dan will explain to both of you what has been going on. Gabriel, I THINK your jacket is already in the mail.

Stunt :-)

Yes, this is my Signature!
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Houdini52

Postby Houdini52 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 am

Awesome! I just keep staring at the photo of him and me together at the convention thinking how awesome I look in the jacket (wishing I looked half as badass as Dan looks in it) and can't wait to get see myself in it again. Thanks again for the reply!

rnrlifestyle

Postby rnrlifestyle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:31 am

Thank you to everyone who's posted!

Stuntman, I'm glad you got a hold of Dan. Truly, thank you for taking the time trying to help out. I've tried calling Dan a few more times before you posted but I've had no luck in getting him to answer. I very much look forward to hearing from Dan and even more so when he rectifies our situation by refunding my money. Very very soon sounds promising. Best news in many months.

Houdini, thank you for sharing your story. Very similar to mine in that Dan actually has had the jacket in hand for months without finishing the distressing. I am happy for you that your jacket could be in the mail. Truly. It does throw further shadow on my situation as by October, when your jacket was purchased, Dan told me he was working on mine. Why would he not finish prior business first? Very odd. Until Dan shows, these questions are all rhetorical I suppose. I really am happy for you though. Like Neville said, it's not a fun situation to be in.

Again, thank you for taking the time Stuntman. I really appreciate it!

ploup

Postby ploup » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:26 am

Hi there,

I'm in the same situation as you with a House Jacket ordered...hmmm... now one year ago! and no communication since April.

And I hope our situation will change very soon, and I take this opportunity to thank The Stuntman who take time to help me too.

I am beginning to be impatient with this jacket....................... :hairpull:

rnrlifestyle

Postby rnrlifestyle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:53 am

A few more days have passed. After TheStuntman's post I noticed that Dan visited the forum so I had high hopes he would respond to my PM's or this topic.

No such luck. Refund and explanation is still outstanding.

Dan, I have called you, PM'd you, e-mailed you, posted this topic where you could also respond. I left a message on your machine today.

You have my e-mail, ways to PM me, my phone number and my address. All means possible for you to contact me.

What can I think, but the worst, when you take time to visit the forum but not to answer or explain, or even to pop in to say when you will set everything right?

Houdini52

Postby Houdini52 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah, I was hoping to hear something by now too based on Stuntman's comments of "very very soon." I'm starting to doubt that mine was in the mail already as Stunt said (granted, Stuntman only thought it was in the mail -- he wasn't certain). I only live an hour from Dan and even parcel post wouldn't have taken this long if it was in the mail. Furthermore, if it was in the mail I'm sure Dan would have let me know personally, you know, to get at least one person off his back.

My brother was at the convention with me when I bought the jacket and he bought one too. When I left mine with Dan for distressing he asked my brother if he wanted to do the same, to which my brother said, "I'll distress it myself through adventurous living." In hindsight, I guess I should have taken my jacket too. Lord knows it probably would have gotten well distressed bringing it to Afghanistan in a month.

Well, here's hoping we hear something soon. Dan if you're reading this, I'd really appreciate it if you could shoot me an email or phone call and let me know what's going on. Thanks!

Gabriel

Return to “LOGAN'S CLOSET”