Dark Knight Wearable suit replica is complete!

This forum is to discuss all things Universal Designs Ltd.

Moderator: Mike

superDrool

Dark Knight Wearable suit replica is complete!

Postby superDrool » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

It's finally complete and orders are being taken. Limited to a production of 1000 suits. SSH has the first look at the final product.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batma ... hp?id=8739

and here is the actual site with youtube video showcasing the suit and how to don it! The look is extremely acurate and very well done.

http://www.udreplicas.com/

-Tony
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Hey
I saw this posted and I couldn't resist.

Neat, it has "I'm a douchebag" written all over it.

My opinion having worn the originals. The suit is VERY good but....it is NOT form-fitting enough. Just like the Wayne Cycle Jacket replica. But that's my opinion.

Stunt :D
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:14 am

Yeah I read those comments myself.

It IS a fantastic Batman costume, a"real" world uniform.

I just can't see a biker wearing this and not be made fun of.

Cole

Postby Cole » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 am

DavidCoppola wrote:I just can't see a biker wearing this and not be made fun of.

Well maybe on Halloween. :lol:

Neville

Postby Neville » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:43 am

Cole wrote:
DavidCoppola wrote:I just can't see a biker wearing this and not be made fun of.

Well maybe on Halloween. :lol:

Maybe. I think one would still need the mask and cape to not be made fun of on Halloween.

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 am

It is certainly a very impressive technical achievement. But somehow it seems to me like they are offering an answer to a question no-one asked. No doubt it offers top-notch protection for serious riders and the price reflects this. Therein lies the problem: are there many people out there that are willing to shell out that amount of dough for a Halloween costume? :?
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Cole

Postby Cole » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:13 pm

If that suit did not have the silly spikes at the under arm protectors it would be great for the sparing sessions with shinais we did in the historical european fencing club I was in. The modern sports equipment limited the movement to much and the gambesons we wore underneath where a mobile sauna.

To bad that thing is so damn expensive and not cosumiceable. :cry:

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:41 pm

TheStuntman wrote:My opinion having worn the originals. The suit is VERY good but....it is NOT form-fitting enough. Just like the Wayne Cycle Jacket replica. But that's my opinion.

Yeah but these are about a grand. Whereas the custom designed/specifically tailored suit ran how much? LOL

If I was a huge Batman geek, I'd have one in my closet. But, I've already been laughed at by the gf for having a set of Stormtrooper armour in the closet. Course she stopped laughing when I sold the set for a huge profit. :lol:
Let's make something go BOOM!

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Herojacket wrote: Course she stopped laughing when I sold the set for a huge profit. :lol:

Hell's yeah. 8-)
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Cmdr_Bong wrote:It is certainly a very impressive technical achievement. But somehow it seems to me like they are offering an answer to a question no-one asked.

As much as I love what David has done. I do think Bong's quote about the Suit just about sums it up. I have no doubt I will see people wearing this suit at the Cons(but not on a motorcycle). Probably more than one, both thinking they're original. That until they bump into each other. Then comes the awkward moment. Hmmm...maybe I should wear one of my "clean-pull" suits and show them up. But maybe that would be too Asshole-ish :lol:

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 pm

TheStuntman wrote:
Cmdr_Bong wrote:It is certainly a very impressive technical achievement. But somehow it seems to me like they are offering an answer to a question no-one asked.

As much as I love what David has done. I do think Bong's quote about the Suit just about sums it up. I have no doubt I will see people wearing this suit at the Cons(but not on a motorcycle). Probably more than one, both thinking they're original. That until they bump into each other. Then comes the awkward moment. Hmmm...maybe I should wear one of my "clean-pull" suits and show them up. But maybe that would be too Asshole-ish :lol:

What's 'clean-pull' mean? You mention jargon, I get curious :wink: .

Has anyone watched the youtube video with the 'how to don the suit' showcase? Really clever actually. I'm very impressed with the detailed work and all the effort that went into this thing. The carbon fiber sections bring the suit's design together as a seemingly functionable piece. For the fanboys out there with $1000 to burn, they're gonna be real upset when they figure out they need the cape + cowl and can't find one that's a matching quality. Suckers.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 am

Hey Drool
Well... "Clean Pull" is what you call an Unused Molded Costume. One that was Pulled from the molds, set up for use, but NEVER used in the end. There were quite a few at the end of filming. The original costumes are quite durable.

Now with the UD Replicas. They need to make a version of the "Knight Armor Helmet". They would sell alot of that. And what the hell, make the "Fold-away Backpack".

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:02 am

TheStuntman wrote:Now with the UD Replicas. They need to make a version of the "Knight Armor Helmet". They would sell alot of that. And what the hell, make the "Fold-away Backpack".

While they're at it, the ensemble won't be complete without a tumbler and a bat-pod as well. I'll settle for the Lamborghini though. Way more subtle :wink:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:25 am

Cmdr_Bong wrote:While they're at it, the ensemble won't be complete without a tumbler and a bat-pod as well. I'll settle for the Lamborghini though. Way more subtle :wink:

Ah,
Thats until you drive one Bong. Then you will want a Tumbler instead. That vehicle is constructed of PURE Testosterone. The vehicle is a TRUE BEAST! I also got to drive the Lamborghini during filming. So I measured one against the other. The Lam is fun, but the Tumbler REALLY makes the head turn :lol:

RIMMAYR1

Postby RIMMAYR1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Here's a look at our very first 'test fitting' of the TDK Batman Motorcycle suit...and now that this day will soon come for everyone else Dave gave me the go ahead to post these.

This was an exciting day for us all. :)

Nothing new to report production wise. Everything continues to go well and we're on schedule for Feb/March 2010 delivery.

Rimma

Return to “UNIVERSAL DESIGNS LTD.”