Dark Knight Wearable suit replica is complete!

This forum is to discuss all things Universal Designs Ltd.

Moderator: Mike

h8ter18

Postby h8ter18 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:33 pm

its not something that a person would wear just walking around, but for a motor cycle suit, its not bad.

I mean imagaine if someone was just out shopping in a vanson full leather suit, they would look ridiculous just the same.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Looks alot softer and more manageable than the promo photos led to believe. Rimma-
Is that a 4-way stretch lycra/spandex or another type of stretchable material under the armor? Looks to be a little loose or too long in the legs. Kind of wonky.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Honestly I could only see that worn for motorcycle sport exhibitions.

I just can't see someone getting up on a Saturday and put that on just to go out riding.

If I was really big into costuming, and had a lot of $$ to throw around, I would definately get it just to have a very SA Batman costume. Hell, all you'd have to do is get a cowl and a cape and you literally would be Batman!

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Don't forget they also have the SA boots on the site for sale, too!
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Here's a great bunch of images of the suit worn...in different positions and on a bike.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/launchcomp ... 730737058/

Reviews are pouring in and I'm proud to say all are extremely positive and full of excitement!

David
....as children we dreamed.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 am

Sounds pretty awesome. I'd like to see a quick video of the construction and movement of how the suit flows as a whole. Would that be possible David?

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 am

Have you seen the promo video on our site? That does show quite a bit...and we're preparing a new ones for all the new products we're introducing. :)

It's with great pride that we report all Q1 deliveries have been shipped. Thanks to everyone for the patience and allowing us to do our job.

Reviews have been pouring in... and once again we're grateful for the kind words and images being sent in. Here's just a few from the link above...some people are having trouble viewing it so I hope it's OK that I'm posting them openly now. :)

A big thanks to Scott for sending these in.

Once again, all Q1 deliveries have been met....and a big thanks from us all here at Universal Designs.

Boots are next.
...but so is Wolverine.... Batman Begins, and something from Iron Man II.

David

Arethusa

Postby Arethusa » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 am

This thing makes me think ninja Master Chief more than Batman. It's a lot more wearable than I think a lot of us expected it to be, though.

What's planned for Iron Man? Moto suit again or a normal garment?

shadow121

Postby shadow121 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:40 am

and when is the bruce cycle jacket coming back in stock?

Dayz_Of_The_Weak

Postby Dayz_Of_The_Weak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 am

yeah i wanna know when the Bruce Wayne Cycle Jacket will return too, also Master Cheif full suit with helmet that'd be awesome
Fortune favours the bold..

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 am

Now that all deliveries have been met, we're back working on the Batman Begins line...which should be ready this month.
At that point the Bruce Wayne Leather Jacket will be added to the site for new ordering.

We're getting a lot of similar requests for this to be reintroduced, so just keep an eye on the site...at some point in April we'll open the new sales.

:)

David

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

David,
Wil The Bruce Wayne leather be of a lighter leather, like lambskin or goat, or will it be a tougher type?

The Dark Knight above really makes want to buy one if only for a kick-ass costume. But, I don't own a bike, so I can't see me ever wearing it unless for a costume piece.

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 pm

DavidCoppola wrote:David,
Wil The Bruce Wayne leather be of a lighter leather, like lambskin or goat, or will it be a tougher type?

It has always been cow. Tough, thick and pliable....I would never make a motorcycle jacket out of lamb or goat.

I'll be increasing the thickness on the second run though....get ready for power hides guys....:)

David

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I agree it does look more 'wearable' than I thought as well. The DK boots and belt will only better the suits look though 8-)

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 am

OK David, thanks for the info.

For the secondary run of the BW jacket, the million dollar question is, will if be offered in a 1:1 Bale size? I think you stated that in the fall that it would.
Not to stir up another hornet's nest, but that would be a selling point for me.

Also, what will they be going for?

Looks like I'll be torn between your's and Dan's(which has not been produced yet), but I definately will be looking into getting one for the fall.

Return to “UNIVERSAL DESIGNS LTD.”