Universal Designs Ltd. replicas

This forum is to discuss all things Universal Designs Ltd.

Moderator: Mike

Fvolfrine

Re: Universal Designs Ltd. replicas

Postby Fvolfrine » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Are there any pictures out there of some of DAVIDYR1's stuff? I saw the X2 that DavidCoppola was selling, but trying to find pictures in one place is difficult, and his website only has the motorcycle suits. Anyone have some good pictures to look at?

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 am

Universal Designs has really refined the way that they replicate jackets. For one thing they have legal contracts now. :grin: Anything that you see prior to maybe the Bruce Wayne/Dark Knight jacket should probably be discounted as anything that is representative of what they are now selling. They have come a long way in other words, yet people still bring up that X-2. I may be out of line, but I do not think that is one of there proudest moments and you will get MUCH more accurate jackets and stuff from them. If it is not 100% accurate, it errs on the functional side.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 am

Rick, I agree on what you say about he X1 and X2 jackets that they offered. They were cutting thier teeth on these.

Even so, there are not many vendors making the X2, and I have yet to see anyone produce a Bates replica X2. I know Dan/Vanson have it in the works, but nothing yet. Superdrool/Tony had something in the works with Heron, but I think that project may be dead now.

My UD X2 is pretty broken in and well distressed and darkened by Dan the man and is good for costuming and is thick enough to be a functional biker jacket.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:14 pm

DavidCoppola wrote:Rick, I agree on what you say about he X1 and X2 jackets that they offered. They were cutting thier teeth on these.

Even so, there are not many vendors making the X2, and I have yet to see anyone produce a Bates replica X2. I know Dan/Vanson have it in the works, but nothing yet. Superdrool/Tony had something in the works with Heron, but I think that project may be dead now.

My UD X2 is pretty broken in and well distressed and darkened by Dan the man and is good for costuming and is thick enough to be a functional biker jacket.

I agree on everything said by Rick and Dave. Those two X-Jackets were more of "what are we capable of" in terms of replicating with leather and keeping things on the practical side. In which I also agree with 120%
Dave and Rick,
you have a PM. :wink:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Fvolfrine

Postby Fvolfrine » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 pm

So nothing has been publically revealed of their officially licensed stuff yet, save the two bike suits? What kind of stuff can we expect?

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:45 pm

David has the Tron:Legacy suit that will light up just like in the film! Other than that I'm too sure. Whatever it will be I'm 100% positive it'll be stupendous! :cheerleader2:
Here's his link to the thread including a short clip of things to come:

http://www.FILMJACKETS.COM/forum/viewto ... =19&t=2134
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Return to “UNIVERSAL DESIGNS LTD.”