"House, M.D." Gregory House Jacket 1 (Screen Used)

Many of us started our infatuation with television jackets, rather than film jackets. There have been a few great ones too. Fonzie's jacket became so famous that it is a featured exhibit in the Smithsonian Institution. Now that is cool!

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

"House, M.D." Gregory House Jacket 1 (Screen Used)

Postby Rick » Wed May 09, 2007 6:08 am

House, M.D. Jacket 1 (Screen Used) Main Page
Manufactured By: Vanson Leathers, Inc.

Suggested By: Alan Slavin

Here is a cool jacket from a cool show. Anyone who has watched Hugh Laurie portray Dr. Gregory House has to admire this jacket. The manufacturer information has been confirmed by both Vanson Leathers, Inc. and the House, M.D. Series Costume Supervisor, Karen Bellamy.

This jacket is a Vanson Model B jacket. House, M.D. Series Costume Designer Cathy Crandall had the Star jacket arm stripes added and designed the ficticious patches...

The jacket featureing only the RTAI/KTAI and Velodyne patches makes its debut during the 5th episode of the second season ("Daddy's Boy," airdate: November 8, 2005).

The jacket maker will be found, but how will we ever find the magic patch? It starts out as KTAI Sports, then changes to RTAI Sports. The "KTAI" was already taken by the "Kite Trade Association International." I am not kidding. :D

Last edited by Rick on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 am

That did not take long. :D

Alan Slavin from Vanson Leathers contacted FILMJACKETS.COM and stated,

I noticed you list Hugh from House with a black jacket with white stripes on the sleeves. We made the base jacket and the studio added the patches, style is our model B, the stripes are an available option.

Updated 06/01/2007
Last edited by Rick on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Wed May 23, 2007 3:14 pm

Anyone know of some episodes that have a lot of this jacket in the shots?

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed May 23, 2007 4:01 pm

He bought the motorcycle (a 2005 CBR1000 replica) in an episode where he treated a cancer girl and was apparently inspired by her bravery to do something daring. That episode was called “Autopsy” and it aired as the second episode of season 2 on 9/20/2005. I know the jacket makes an appearance on a lot of episodes from then on.

You might try the 9th episode of season 2 called “Deception” (aired December 13, 2005) which is notable when House gives Cameron a ride on his motorcycle because it is in the winter. I imagine the lighting would be great due to the bright conditions and the snowy background.

The big photo with David Morse (Detective Tritter) at the top of the page was from the “Fools For Love” episode that aired in December 2006 (season 3). That is a night shot where House gets pulled over. But the jacket was present well before that in the season – probably in the episode as well. That is the good thing about this taking place in a hospital. You know how bright those fluorescent lights are…LOL

Beyond that, I will have to start watching the second series again. I have them on DVD, and it would be great to add the date that started displaying the “magic KTAI/RTAI patch,” to the information we have here. I have no idea when I can get to that.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Thu May 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks for the info Rick, that is a huge help... I'm glad I didn't start going through season one expecting to see it right away! :wink:

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Sun May 27, 2007 2:10 am

Well from the screen shots I was putting together... It's not the Model AR but the Model B with the Star arm stripe option. The back clearly shows this.

http://vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/b_modelb.htm
Last edited by THEMAN on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Sun May 27, 2007 4:25 am

Thank you for that! I listed Vanson as an "Accredited" vendor of this jacket based on needing more screenshots to verify as the AR style pockets looked different. Based on this information and Vanson's e-mail, I will be changing the status to "confirmed."

And, this everybody is how the site should work. :wink: Better, more accurate information every day.

OnlyOneSnake

Postby OnlyOneSnake » Sun May 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Rick wrote:Thank you for that! I listed Vanson as an "Accredited" vendor of this jacket based on needing more screenshots to verify as the AR style pockets looked different. Based on this information and Vanson's e-mail, I will be changing the status to "confirmed."

And, this everybody is how the site should work. :wink: Better, more accurate information every day.

Yeah, I thought it was a model B, but just didn't have the DVDs to check. I just remember seeing the buckles on the sides, which match up with the model B. Actually, I've had it ID'd for a while, but this site wasn't around!

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Sun May 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Dan, I gave you credit for that correction on the main page here. Scroll down to the bottom for addition details.

OnlyOneSnake - the important thing is that we are around now. :) Please feel free to address anything that looks incorrect, as there are no hurt feelings on this end... we will just get better.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Okay, I need more help with the House, M.D. Jacket.

The jacket makes it's first appearance ever on screen in the 5th episode of the second season ("Daddy's Boy"). Cameron asks House at 3:20 minutes "What's with the jacket?"

House replies, "It keeps me warm ...and cool. How does it know?"

The very beginning of that episode shows that there are only two patches. The "KTAI Sports" patch that you can see below:

...and another small triangular patch on the left sleeve that appears to say "Velodyne." These shots are from the Deception episode.

There are at least 3 references on line for Velodyne. First and probably the one we are looking for, is a manufacturer of subwoofers. THe reason I think that this may be the one is that the lettering on the patch looks just like the lettering on the subwoofers. I cannot find that logo anywhere though.

Second, there is a Velodyne Sports. They deal with bikes so I thought there might be a connection. But their logo looks like this:

Third and most unlikely is Velodyne Polymer Activation systems.

At about 42:18 minutes through the "Daddy's Boy" episode, the patch can be seen to read "RTAI Sports" now.

By the time Tritter catches up to House in the picture at the top of this post, there are at least 3 more patches. Another one on the left sleeve, a star on the right sleeve and you can see the edge of at least one more that buts up against the star. Maybe another star? I will need to wait until that season comes out to get better shots, but if anyone can ID any of these patches, I would really appreciate it...
Last edited by Rick on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:19 pm

Okay, two major things.

First, in the second season, 20th episode (Euphoria-part 1) I finally got a clear picture of the triangular patch on the left sleeve. As I suspected, it is "Velodyne."

Next, the 22nd episode (Forever) is the last time the jacket is in the second series and there are none of the "new" patches.

I either have to join a newsgroup and get the 3rd season before it is released or I have to wait...

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:52 pm

Okay, now we have everything courtesy of MadDogGirl for the http://www.hughlaurie.net link and to21b for the http://community.livejournal.com/house_daily/ link. These folks are from the "Television Without Pity" House Forum. You are the best!

There is a small square patch with a white number 92 on a black background with a white outline. Next to that is a gold star on a white background with a black outline:

Next, on the left sleeve beneath the stripes are the words "Energy*Station"; in the middle in big white letters with a red line through them is the word "Custom" and the bottom is "Deuches*Pick-up."

Last edited by Rick on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:22 pm

:!: Okay Mike, if you are reading this, can the patches be reproduced? I am eager to go now...

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:03 am

In true "House" way the line actually goes...

"It keeps me warm and COOL...How does it know?" 8)

nice work on getting those patches shots so far... saves me some time as I was going to be looking for just that stuff next!

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:14 am

This may save more time.

I called Fox Wardrobe, but they told me that although House, M.D. is shown on Fox, it is a Heel & Toe/Universal Studios production so I should contact Universal Studios - but they are on hiatus until July...

This is from David J. Santos, Customer Service Mgr. for Velodyne Acoustics, Inc.:

"While the patch clearly says VELODYNE, and appears to be a reasonable
facsimile of our logo, I can say with a fair amount of confidence that it
has nothing what so ever to do with Velodyne Acoustics."

I have contacted a few custom embroidered patch manufacturers and I am awaiting prices. I am planning on having these made, so stay tuned. Just for reference, would you be considering all of the patches or just the major ones? I have not even found the star patch and I figured that would be easiest. Still looking though...

Return to “Television Jackets”