Chicago P.D. Lot's of leather!

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Cmdr_Bong

Chicago P.D. Lot's of leather!

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 pm

There has been endless advertisements popping up online and on the street here in Australia for this upcoming TV series. Although I can barely raise a "M'eh" to it, the leather jackets all over the promo photos certain has gotten my attention:

This one kinda reminds me of the J Crew Stockton. But I can't be sure:

And the little blacked-out badge there has caught my eyes :wink: Could it be a.....

Last edited by Cmdr_Bong on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Kittlemeier

Re: Chicago P.D. Lot's of leather!

Postby Kittlemeier » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 pm

It's a pretty decent show. I loved Jason Beghe on Californication so that's why I started watching. Still watching half way through the second season.

Not a huge fan of the Belstaff/Matchless look so I haven't looked into that one. Haven't looked at the one Beghe wears either but I don't think it's the JCrew. I'd guess Jon Seda wears a Diesel jacket as it has the three snaps at the top of the zipper, like the one Urban wears on Almost Human, unless there's another brand that does that.

I really like the look they have Ruzek going for. Casual clothes that fit well, great boots and jackets, etc. He wears a couple of Barbours in the show, the Commander(the replacement for Bond's Skyfall jacket) and the Merchant(a really sharp Harrington from the Steve McQueen collection). I even like the pictured down puffer with plaid western yokes(but i have a RRL down western vest with leather yokes so I have a weakness for that style. Must be seventies flashbacks)

Here's the Merchant.

"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Kittlemeier wrote:Here's the Merchant.

Ahhhhhh so it IS a Barbour! I saw that jacket and my mind went straight to Barbour for some reason. Probably because of the greenish-brown waxed colour that is so synonymous with the brand. Man I dig that jacket!

And here's the Commander in all it's glory:

And on closer inspection I think you're right Kittlemeier, this is not the Stockton. I do like the leather on this though:

Last edited by Cmdr_Bong on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:24 am

I came across a listing on ebay by chance. Looks very similar to Hank's leather cafe racer:

It is the Schott USA Brown Distressed Leather 660 Cafe Racer Motorcycle Jacket.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:44 am

Went back and had a look at some of the earlier episodes to get a good shot of the back of Beghe's jacket. It's definitely the Lucky Brand Bonneville(or I've seen it listed as Triumph) jacket from a couple of years ago. The newer one has a different finish and zipper pulls but the same cut.

Also noticed that they left the big McQueen image in the Merchant jacket. Don't think I could walk around with that stitched inside the jacket.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Kittlemeier wrote:I even like the pictured down puffer with plaid western yokes(but i have a RRL down western vest with leather yokes so I have a weakness for that style.

Found out it is a Penfield Rockford. Didn't know this brand. Is it known in US?
Selling in Europe now for aprox 160 euro, which seams a fair price.

Now, does someone have any ideia about another jacket used by this character which is a kind of (what seems cotton) blazer with double collar (or kind of knitted lined collar)? That one certainly looks nice :cool:

Will try to post a couple of pictures in a while.

Edit: here it is:

https://gnomelocked.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/5favecaps-cpd105-ruzek.jpg

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:59 pm

This last jacket - link in post above - is revealing itself a big challenge (for me).

Have tried dozens of search combinations. It seems to have a double collar or layer, sport blazer jacket style, elbow patches,...

Would you say it is plain or wax cotton? Leather/nubuck? What would be the key words you would use to identify this jacket? Would appreciate any clues :roll:

Regards

justme

Postby justme » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:35 am

Contrary to what we may think, the first jacket is a Hugo Boss Orange Jips leather jacket not a Belstaff ;)
see here : http://www.aphrodite1994.com/jips-3-lea ... cket-black

Cheers !

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Nice finding!

Almost all jackets are identified... Just one missing :wink:

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Good find on the HB. Never looked that closely at it.

Ruzek continues to have the nicest jackets on the show. I like the leather(?) blazer also. Looks like the same kind of leather on the Levi's Skyfall jacket, just a destroyed naked lambskin or something similar.

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:23 am

Kittlemeier wrote:Good find on the HB. Never looked that closely at it.

Ruzek continues to have the nicest jackets on the show. I like the leather(?) blazer also. Looks like the same kind of leather on the Levi's Skyfall jacket, just a destroyed naked lambskin or something similar.

I think I have browsed trough a thousand of jackets now ... And that blazer jacket simply doesn't come out :crazy2:

I was betting more one a canvas/ cotton waxed fabric, eventually distressed but it could well be some kind of nubuck or distressed leather (have done also some searches assuming it is leather)

Could you get some nice/ good resolution screenshot from this jacket Kittlemeier?

Regards

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Done!
All saints helped me on this survey :)

@kittlemeier: you were right, its distressed leather not waxed cotton

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 am

Good find!

Lp01

Postby Lp01 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:22 am

When the weather was nicer in chicago, hank sported a blue nylon jacket with leather trimming.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4f/CPDS2E05_01.jpg/601px-CPDS2E05_01.jpg

Just cracked this one:
Carbo Nylon Jacket with Faux Leather Trim by BOSS 50259412

Not particularly found of it, but stays the reference for someone who likes it! :wink:

mb1101

Postby mb1101 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Does anyone know the brand of this jacket worn by Ruzek? thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”